Healthy Building Prep: What You Need to Know
Is your workspace a healthy environment for your occupants to return to work safely? Or if your facility has remained occupied over the past few months, what can you do to improve working conditions moving forward? At Brandt, we’re here to help.
What Are the Benefits of a Good Ventilation System?
Indoor air quality isn’t just important—it’s essential. Our team is here to help you rectify any lingering issues with your building’s HVAC system. In this blog, we talk about what your team needs to do to maintain industry-wide quality standards, Brandt’s expertise in the HVAC field, and how we can help you construct a cleaner, healthier workspace for your employees.
Ventilation System Standards
Organizations have laid out minimum fresh air requirements (ASHRAE being the main one) that all buildings have to abide by to avoid penalties. Maintaining these standards impacts your building in several ways:
- Ventilation in buildings needs to do so much more than simply recycle fresh air from outside and bring it inward; your HVAC system needs to go above and beyond, functioning as a diluent for occupant-generated and product-generated pollutants.
- Your ventilation system affects several different areas within your building, all crucial to maintaining the safety of your team, including temperature, humidity, and air pressure.
- Poor indoor air quality (IAQ) can lead to a major uptick in symptoms including headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, and more.
Prepping Your Building
It’s one thing to meet industry-wide standards; it’s another thing to maintain all fresh air requirements for your HVAC for years to come. This goes beyond bringing in a maintenance team to upgrade your air conditioning unit. In-depth audits are required to uncover any hidden, lingering problems with your HVAC system that may be leading to poor indoor air quality. Make sure you’re frequently scheduling routine maintenance for your system so you can stay in front of any potential issues.
How Brandt Can Improve the Safety of Your Building
Proper ventilation is essential, but it’s not a simple, one-stop solution that will make every part of your building run smoothly once you fix it. At Brandt, we take a holistic approach for all the projects we take on. By providing a wide range of services, we’re doing everything we can to make sure every piece fits together efficiently to create a stronger, higher-quality workspace for your entire team. Our services include:
- Building Readiness & Efficiency Surveys
- Controls System Monitoring & System Verification Analysis
- Air Dilution & Ventilation Checks
- HVAC System Filter Replacements
- Bipolar Ionization Installation
- and much more!
Is Your Building up to the Right Standard?
It’s important to work with a contractor that understands exactly what it takes to improve not just the functionality of one area in your building, but its overall performance. At Brandt, our goal is to provide solutions to increase the efficiency and quality of your systems. Whether that’s through installing a bipolar ionization system or identifying maintenance opportunities to help your facility meet guidelines set forth by industry leaders such as ASHRAE, we want to do everything we can to put you in a better position moving forward.
For more information on how our experts can resolve any HVAC issues and ease your transition into the office, reach out today.